14 SEO Tips to Improve your On-Page SEO
A 550-word article for an organization promoting their SEO services. This article is punchy and to the point. I engage with the reader through practical advice and encourage the reader to take the next step. This is a blog post-style article so optimization is more geared to the content rather than specific keywords.
14 Tips to Improve your On-Page SEO
Link building is one of the most effective ways to improve your site’s rank in search engine result pages. On-page SEO plays a major role in ranking your pages too. A business blog can become too focused on promoting the business rather than providing useful and engaging content for its readers.
This article presents 14 on-page SEO tips to help improve your business blog:
1. Title: the most critical of on-page keyword elements, the actual page title preferably uses all of your keywords
2. Meta Description: the text in this field often shows up in the description in search results – a great opportunity to motivate a reader to click your link.
3. Meta Keywords: there is a debate about the usefulness of this tag, yet using this tag won’t be harmful if you use it in moderation. Avoid keyword stuffing.
4. Length: short URLs don’t necessarily rank better than longer URLs, yet they are easier to remember and share.
5. Keywords within URL: try to have your keywords in the URL – this does not mean that you keywords need to be in the domain name – just somewhere close to the domain name. For example, if your keyword is SEO, and your domain is example.com, try to have your URL look like this: example.com/SEO)
6. Word Separators: Hyphens in URLs are preferred in cases where you need to separate words. Avoid using other separating characters in URLs. The exception to this is your domain name – avoid using a hyphen in your domain name.
7. Keyword Repetition: there is some debate about the optimal number of times to repeat your keywords – too few or too many are detrimental, yet the optimal number is not known. Remember that your audience is a real person, so you should create your content for your audience, not for a search engine.
8. Keyword variation: search engines are great at presenting results to users even when they misspell their search phrase, so there’s little benefit to trying to come up with variations that people could use to find your page. Target your content to your audience using common words and phrases – or phrases that are relevant to your content or audience.
9. H1 Headline: try to include your keywords in H1-style headlines. While this has little direct impact on ranking within search results, it makes your content more readable making it more accessible to your audience.
10. Click depth: place links with highly competitive keywords on your site’s home page, and links for less competitive keywords further from your site’s home page (more clicks to get to the content).
11. Internal Links: linked content within your site improves your site’s overall ranking – keep links relevant to create a robust and engaging structure.
12. Sidebars and footers: most site’s sidebars and footers tend to be repetitive in nature, so it’s thought that links in these areas don’t affect your site’s ranking. Links to other parts of your site, placed before the page’s content appear to have more influence.
13. Keyword location: use keywords within the first 50 to 100 words of your content. Ideally, try to have your keywords appear in the H1 title and first sentence.
14. Structure of content: there seems to be little evidence that suggests that content that follows the classic structure of introduction, body, and conclusion has any influence on search result ranking. The ideal structure is the one that makes sense for the content you are presenting to your audience.
example.com provides an effective, turnkey online marketing solution – contact us for a quote today. Get engaging, traffic-boosting high quality web content like this for your project. Articles are written by an experienced writer with proven results for boosting traffic with engaging and informative content…perfect for any inbound marketing or social media campaign.
Get engaging, traffic-boosting high quality web content like this for your project.
Articles are written by an experienced writer with proven results for boosting traffic with engaging and informative content…perfect for any inbound marketing or social media campaign.